Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Plans

The prophet Jeremiah records "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord. We set goals, we make our plans for 2009. But ultimately none of us know what lies ahead for us in the new year. There will surely be successes as well as challenges that come our way. We have no idea what blessings the Lord has in store for us.
I love the encourging words of Corrie Ten Boom when she said, "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."
Where does your trust lie for this new year? Are you in control or are you going to hand over the controls to God?

1 comment:

  1. I am not in control. Now, if I can only remember that in the heat of the battle. When I grab the wheel, it seems I end up in places I never expected to be. Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in goals and plans...but God can and will change them. It requires a lot of listening and discernment...

    ReplyDelete