Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Boxes

Last night my sons and I went on the annual trek to the attic-this year to my son's attic because ours is full-to get ALL of the Christmas boxes down for decoration. My lovely wife loves to decorate(she does a great job), I on the other hand love it when it is done and I sit by the fire with my of cup of java and admire all of the hard work as I watch Christmas Vacation.
But as we carried all of the boxes down the attic steps, I began to think how for some this may be the only time they bring Jesus into the light. Do we keep him wrapped up and protected the rest of the year? Do we hide him securely as if he will break inder pressure? Are we afraid to keep Jesus out for all to see year round year? Why? He's not going to break. Will he embarass you? I don't think so.
I encourage you to not be ashamed of Jesus this Christmas season. But in Jan., consider keeping him out of the attic. What a difference it will make.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Tara and Cole dug everything out of the attic yesterday . We'll be docrating this weekend. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete